Monday, January 13, 2014

Garlic Bread

Who doesn't love garlic bread with pasta! I took the Rich Egg Bread from my Betty Crocker cookbook and changed a few things to come up with this recipe.



Ingredients:
  • 3 cups all purpose flour
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 3 tablespoons garlic salt
  • 2 1/4 teaspoons yeast
  • 1 cup HOT water
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup garlic powder
  1. In mixer, mixer 1 1/2 cup flour, sugar, garlic salt, and yeast with flat beater attachment.
  2. Add hot water, oil, and egg and mix until smooth.
  3. Add 1/2 cup flour and continue mixing until smooth.
  4. Change to dough hook attachment and add the rest of the flour 1/2 cup at a time.
  5. Kneed dough on speed 2 for about 3 minutes.
  6. Place dough ball in a greased (I normally use coconut oil, but shortening works too) covered bowl  in a warm place for about an hour until doubled in size. 
  7. Roll out dough (I really use my hands) to a roughly an 8x10 rectangle.
  8. Rub garlic powered on dough.
  9. Roll dough to form loaf.
  10. Place loaf in a greased bread pan (I normally cover my loaf in coconut oil as well). 
  11. Cover and let rise for about an hour.
  12. Bake at 375* for 35 minutes. Remove from pan to cool once out of the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment