Saturday, January 11, 2014

Whole Wheat Pancakes




I used to love one of the "fancy" Bisquick pancake recipes, but when I decided to stop using Bisquick, this recipe became my favorite. I took the recipe out if my Betty Crocker Cookbook and made some changes and this is what I ended up with.

Ingredients

  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1/2 cup all purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 1 tablespoon brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons applesauce
  •  2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 3 teaspoons baking powder
  • A dash of salt
  1. Preheat griddle to 300*
  2. Beat egg in bowl with a whisk
  3. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix together with whisk
  4. Pour batter onto griddle, making pancakes about three inches in diameter
  5. Flip pancakes once they are bubbly (about two minutes) and cook for about two more minutes
  6. Topping with your favorite toppings and eat!
Makes 16 pancakes.

The beaten egg

The batter all mixed

Ready to be flipped

All done



No comments:

Post a Comment